As compare to previous years AFCAT Exam the upcoming AFCAT -2 2019 exam will be little tough to crack. Giving 30 days to AFCAT exam preparation is not guarantee you to qualify this written exam of AFCAT -2 2019. But still don’t lose hope.
Here you will came to know to manage these last 30day totally to AFCAT-2 2019 exam. Just follow the tips and trick strickly. Online AFCAT-2 2019 examination will be conducted on 24 to 28 August 2019.
an average Indian student who have had Maths and Physics at 10+2, 30 days are enough to prepare for this exam. But for GK and English you have to work hard. Let’s see how to crack AFCAT exam in 30 days. Before going to the topic first let us revisit the pattern and syllabus:
Keep in your mind
A battle can be won only if you are aware of the Battlefield and surroundings.Candidates must thoroughly go through the syllabus of exam, types of questions appearing in the exam, previous cut off marks, difficult and easiest sections in AFCAT question papers etc. These small things will help you to make a plan for your preparation. Most of the candidates neglect this part, but make sure you do proper homework on this part.
Syllabus for written AFCAT-2 2019 Exam
- English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases
- General Awareness: History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level. The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level.
Prepare According to Pattern of AFCAT-2 2019 Exam
AFCAT consist of a written paper of 100 questions with a maximum of 300 marks. Each question carry 3 marks and there is a negative mark for each wrong answer to a question. Question unattempted will not be penalized.
It also has EKT for Ground Duty and Technical branches with maximum 150 marks.
After clearing it, the candidate advances to the next rounds of personal interview and screening.
AFCAT exam consists of 4 sections namely General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and General Awareness. Instead of preparing any section as per your choice, go for the most likely and maximum marks weightage section
Focus on Quantitative Aptitude first, 11 to 12 questions are asked in this section if you get all of them correct you can score 33-36 marks here
Topics such as Time; Works, S.I ; C.I., Profit & Loss, Percentages can be commonly found in every exam
Practice Non-verbal reasoning like find the figure embedded, series completion, Venn diagram, placements of dots, odd figure out almost 27-30 questions are asked in this section and very easy to score in this section
Do not go for any kind of books for Paragraphs, Error handling as vocabulary part is not predictable in this exam and a month time is not sufficient to improve vocabulary. It will only consume your time and degrade your morale if you are not able to answer any question or get stuck while preparations
Just solve previous year question papers because the pattern of the exam is almost same every session
Make sure you read only those Antonyms and Synonyms which were asked in the previous year exams. There is always a possibility that they are repeated
Lastly, for GK go through a book like Lucent or Arihant as they have mostly all important information and quite a concise form
Prepare for current affairs of 6 months and avoid in-depth study as only main information is required
Ideal Schedule to Prepare for AFCAT-2 2019 in 30 Days:
- Day 1 – Day 30: Daily 1 hr GK, 1 hr Current Affairs, 1 hr newspaper.
- Day 1 – Day 10: Study Math deeply for 5 hours daily, making notes for all the formulae and practicing a lot.
- Day 11 – Day 15: Study reasoning and aptitude deeply for 5 hours daily. Practice variety.
- Day 15 – Day 20: Study English in depth for 5 hours. Learn antonyms and synonyms.
- Day 20 – 30: Enough with studying, practice at least 2 previous papers daily and evaluate for yourself and award marks to yourself.